Vegetable Batata Vada/Aloo Vada. Batata Vada Recipe with step by step pics. Batata Vada is a fried potato stuffed fritter. Absolutely lip smacking delicious recipe of batata vada.
We always have Batata vada with. Batata Vada (Marathi: बटाटा वडा) is a popular Indian vegetarian fast food in Maharashtra, India. "Batata" means potato (attributed to the Portuguese, who introduced potatoes to seventeenth century India). Here's a dish that is a favourite snack for all Indians. You can cook Vegetable Batata Vada/Aloo Vada using 26 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetable Batata Vada/Aloo Vada
- It’s of Pressure Cooking Potatoes.
- You need 250 grams of Potatoes.
- It’s 1/2 literor 2 cups of Water.
- You need of For Ginger Garlic Chilli Paste.
- You need 2 of Green Chillies.
- You need 1 inch of Ginger.
- It’s 8 cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare of For Tempering Potato Filling.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Asafoetida Powder/Hing.
- Prepare 1 strand of Curry Leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Coriander Cumin Powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 12-15 strands of French Beans.
- It’s 1 of Carrot, medium size.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Cauliflower.
- It’s 2 tsp of Dry Mango Powder.
- It’s of For Batata Vada Batter.
- It’s 1 cup of Besan (Gram Flour).
- It’s 1/3 cup of Water (1-2 tbsp more if required).
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Turmeric Powder.
- It’s as required of Oil for Deep Frying,.
Here's simple & tasty Batata Vada. Its a famous Mumbai street food. and loved by almost everyone. Batata Vada also known as aloo bonda, deep fried savory appetizer made with spicy potato mix. Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat moderately.
Vegetable Batata Vada/Aloo Vada step by step
- In a chopper jar add french beans, carrots and cauliflower. You can add any vegetables of your choice..
- Finely crush them into small pieces..
- Heat kadhai on medium-low flame..
- Add cumin seeds, asafoetida powder and curry leaves..
- Add ginger, garlic and chilli paste, saute..
- Add crushed vegetables and saute for 2 minutes. Do not cook the vegetables completely..
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander cumin powder. Mix well and saute for 2 minutes. Switch off the flame and let the mixture come to room temperature..
- In a bowl take boiled potatoes, smash them and add dry mango powder..
- Add vegetable mixture and mix well..
- Form medium size vada/balls..
- In another bowl add gram flour, salt and turmeric powder, add water and make batter. (Shouldn't to too thick or too thin, pourable consistency) Let it rest for 10-15 mins on the counter..
- Dip your vada/balls into the batter and coat them properly..
- Put vada/balls into deep hot frying pan..
- Fry them from all the sides properly until evenly cooked..
- Your healthy vegetable Batata vada are ready to serve..
- Serve them with chutney, ketchup, mayonnaise, etc. Along with fried salted green chillies. Enjoy!.
Add mustard seeds as the seeds crack add curry leaves, (curry leaves Pav Vada (Potato Patty With Bun). Batata Vada also popularly known as Aloo Vada is a delectable potato pattie that is much savored during the Indian monsoons and is also a popular Indian street food favorite. In the recipe of Batata vada the boiled potatoes are spiced with green chillies and onions, then coated in a gram flour batter. stir occasionally, until the batata vada turns golden and crisp. drain off over kitchen paper to remove excess oil. finally, enjoy batata vada with dry garlic chutney or as vada also, you can shape batata vada to round or oval shape. additionally, prepare a slightly thick batter as it helps to hold aloo mixture. Batata Vada (Aloo Bonda) is a very famous fast food in Mumbai, Maharashtra. This recipe is very easy to prepare.