Batata vada (Maharashtrian style). Batata vada is a fried potato stuffed fritter. This is absolutely lip smacking delicious recipe of Maharashtrian style batata vada. Batata vada is a popular Mumbai street food snack.
These are a popular street food not only in Mumbai but across India. Batata translates to potato and vada to fried dumplings. In short batata vada are potato vada made by dunking spiced potato balls in gram flour batter and deep fried. You can have Batata vada (Maharashtrian style) using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Batata vada (Maharashtrian style)
- It’s For of aloo mixtures :.
- You need 3 of finely chopped onions.
- You need 4 tsp of oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare Pinch of hing.
- It’s 2 of green chilli finely chopped.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- Prepare Few of curry leaves, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 5 of potatoes /boiled or mashed.
- You need To taste of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 3 tbsp of coriander leaves finely chopped.
- It’s For of besan batter :.
- Prepare 3 cup of besan/gram flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of rice flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- It’s Pinch of hing / asafoetida.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- Prepare As required of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of baking soda.
- You need As required of Oil for frying.
Potatoes are known as Batata in Marathi, thus these Vadas are widely known as batata vada throughout Maharashtra. These crispy fried Batata Vadas are the best companion of Ladi Pav as the make the World-Famous combination of Mumbai's street food, Vada Pav. It's a monsoon time and what could be the better way to enjoy the cool breeze of air with warm Batata vada with spicy coriander chutney? This street food of Mumbai is almost guaranteed to be found at every chat vendor's stall in entire Maharashtra and key ingredient in Pav-Vada – a staple food for hard working Maharashtrians.
Batata vada (Maharashtrian style) instructions
- Firstly, in a kadai heat oil and splutter cumin, pinch hing, green chilli, clove garlic and few curry leaves. and onion also, add turmeric and saute slightly..
- Now add boiled and mashed potato and salt.mix well making sure everything is well combined.further, add lemon juice and coriander..
- Mix well making sure everything is well combined. prepare besan batter by sieving cup besan and rice flour.also, add turmeric, chilli powder, pinch hing and salt..
- Mix well making sure everything is well combined. further, add water or as required and whisk to a smooth lump-free batter.add baking soda and mix well forming a smooth batter..
- Now take a small ball sized aloo mixture and flatten slightly.dip in besan batter coating uniformly. deep fry in hot oil carefully.stir occasionally,until the batata vada turns golden and crisp..
- Drain off over kitchen paper to remove excess oil.finally, enjoy batata vada with dry garlic chutney or as vada pav..
posted in: Breakfast, Gluten free, No Onion Garlic Recipes, Party Appetizers, Snacks, Vegan, Vegetables and Greens Delicious Gujarati style Batata Vadas made with potatoes that have been tempered with mustard,sesame,cashews and curry. So basically Batata Vada, also known as aloo bonda, is a popular Maharashtrian snack made of deep-fried potato dumplings covered with chickpea batter. A perfect snack to munch on when the cravings kick in, the pillow insides and crunchy outside makes it a quite a rage. It's impossible to eat them every day from vendors or markets.