Sig's Smoked Makerel and Banana Spread. This German smoked mackerel-cream cheese spread goes well on warm, toasted bread! Remove any skin and bones from the mackerel, and place into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until no large pieces remain.
Sig's Smoked Makerel and Banana Spread. I just got up this morning and craved eating smoked makerel and a banana. I had bought some line caught smoked makerel yesterday. You can have Sig's Smoked Makerel and Banana Spread using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sig's Smoked Makerel and Banana Spread
- It’s 100 grams of smoked makerel filet.
- You need 1 tbsp of best bought mayonnaise or homemade.
- Prepare 1 medium of ripe banana.
- You need 1 small of very finely sliced, chopped or minced clove of garlic.
- You need 1 large of pinch of tarragon.
- Prepare 1 pinch of of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 4 small of slices of muesli bread or similar bread.
- Prepare 1 of handful of chopped or broken up walnut pieces (optional ) I have not added them as yet as I ate them 😶, but my thought is if you would ,this could also serve as a salad ..
Mackerel is a perfect fish for smoking on the grill because it's oily and won't dry out. Get a simple recipe with a Dijon, lemon, and pepper rub. Tasty Hot Smoked Mackerel Cooked on the Grill. How To Smoke Salmon – Easy Smoked Fish Recipe.
Sig's Smoked Makerel and Banana Spread instructions
- If using canned makerel make sure you drain it of all juices, oil or water. Flake your makerel.
- Add the mayonnaise, sliced or chopped garlic and paprika ,then the banana, mix all together, season with tarragon.
- Add the lemon juice it stops the banana from going brown as well as balancing the natural oil in the fish.
- You can keep this as rough as you like or make a smoother pate out of it.
- I found it great serving this with a fruit bread like muesli bread.
Smoking is a method of cooking traditionally. A quick blast under a grill transforms smoked mackerel, warming the fish and infusing it with the flavours in the spiced butter. Serve with a fresh raita that acts as both salad and sauce for a low-calorie lunch. Lotus Seed and Bird Egg Soup. Obtained from a Seelie activated chest in Stormterror's Lair.