Ragi mudde/Ragi ball. finally, serve ragi mudde recipe or ragi ball with sambar of your choice. Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest. Ragi mudde – A staple food in some parts of Karnataka and Andhra pradesh.
It is served with some every day gravies like bassaru, massoppu, saaru or any. Ragi mudde or raagi ball is a soft ball prepared using finger millet flour and water. I learnt this ragi mudde recipe from my dear friend Sushma, who is from Ragi mudde or ragi balls are traditionally eaten with saaru (gravy). You can have Ragi mudde/Ragi ball using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ragi mudde/Ragi ball
- Prepare 21/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of ragi flour.
- You need pinch of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of ghee.
Ragi mudde, by itself does not have a strong taste. So it is broken into small. Ragi Mudde Recipe is a delicious Karnataka dish made from ragi flour that is cooked and flavored with ghee and shaped into balls. Usually Ragi mudde is made on a sauce pot with water being boiled and then we add ragi flour and whisked till it thickens.
Ragi mudde/Ragi ball step by step
- Take 21/2 cups of water in a sauce pan, add pinch of salt, ghee, and 2tbsp of raagi flour, whisk properly so that no lumps formed.
- Now boil this on a low flame, and bring it to proper boil,.
- Add remaining ragi flour, keep stirring continuously, untill it thickens,close the lid turn off the flame, let it sit for 5 minutes.
- To make ragi balls grease the plate with oil or water, open the lid,take out two large ladle of ragi mudde start twirling it around till it forms a smooth ball,.
- And it's done, serve with any curry, but it tastes best with chicken gravy, enjoy this healthy ragi mudde & stay healthy..
The Ragi mixture is slightly cooled and shaped. Ragi Balls made with finger millet flour. Even though Ragi Kali is part of everyday food in several parts of Tamilnadu, my mom never made it at home. I learnt this method of making Ragi mudde / kali from my sister in law Maithra. Wondering what Ragi mudde is ?