Coconut meringues. Toasting the coconut enhances its flavor. For information about making meringues in advance and storing them for a party, see the recipe for Chocolate, Coconut, and Almond Snowdrops. These almond-flavored meringue cookies are light, crumbly, and deliciously filled with coconut.
Use a pastry bag with a large tip to pipe the meringue into shapes onto an ungreased or parchment-lined baking sheet. What happens when you cross a light and airy meringue with an intensely sweet coconut macaroon? Prepared by Sarah Shilhavy, Photo by Jeremiah Shilhavy. You can cook Coconut meringues using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut meringues
- You need 3 of egg whites.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of dessicated coconut.
- It’s 1/3 cup of castor sugar.
Using a rubber spatula, very, very gently fold in flaked coconut and vanilla extract (if you didn't add it in the above. This Coconut Meringue Pie Recipe is a family favorite. This delectable thick filling is tasty and so delicious you might want to make two. • Today I'm bringing you a Coconut Meringue Pie recipe. Delicate and substantial at the same time, Nick Malgieri's pistachio-topped coconut meringues are chewy on the inside and crisp on the outside.
Coconut meringues step by step
- Preheat the over to 160°c and grease two backing trays.
- Separate three egg whites and beat with a pinch of salt, until they form stiff peaks. About 3 – 5 mind with an electric mixer.
- Add the coconut and castor sugar and mix in lightly with a spoon. Do not over mix..
- Scoop spoonfuls onto your baking trays..
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Gorgeous meringues – gooey on the inside, with a hint of coconut. Serve with a tropical flavoured sorbet – mango, pineapple, passion fruit – for a refreshing summer pudding. These light and airy meringues are filled with coconut and a hint of lemon. When I eat these meringues, I feel like a Big Friendly Giant pulling down sugar spun marshmallow clouds from the sky. The fluffy and rich custard is paired perfectly with a sweet and beautiful meringue packed with grated coconut.