Tres leche (Milk cake). This light and fluffy tres leches cake recipe uses four types of milk and is topped with whipped cream, making it extra moist and delicious. This is a simple and delightful cake. It's a Spanish dessert of sponge cake soaked in milk bath, unique, one of. "Tres Leches?" I said. "Three milks?" I'd passed high school Spanish.
Tres Leches Cake is a very moist cake filled with a mixture of "milks." It is a favorite Mexican and South American I got the recipe from Chela, my housekeeper who is from Mexico. For the tres leches: Combine the heavy cream, evaporated milk and condensed milk in a small pitcher. Pierce the surface of the cake with a fork several times. You can have Tres leche (Milk cake) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tres leche (Milk cake)
- It’s 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 of and 1/2 tsp baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 5 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of For the cake syrup filling(milk mixture).
- It’s 1 cup of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of condensed milk.
- You need 2 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare of For the frosting.
- You need 1 cup of whipping cream powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cold milk.
Drizzle the milk mixture over the top and allow the cake to sit and absorb the milk mixture. A variety of milks combine in this cake to create a luscious treat. Place one cake layer, cut-side up, onto serving plate. Carefully pour half of milk mixture over top, a little at a time, allowing it to soak in before adding more.
Tres leche (Milk cake) instructions
- Mix your dry ingredients together and keep aside..
- In a bowl add your eggs and sugar and whisk until fluffy. Then add vanilla extract and mix. Add ur flour mixture and then mix gently. Then put in your baking pan and put into your pre heated oven and bake for 15 mins..
- For the milk mixture, put your whole milk, condensed milk and evaporated milk in a bowl and mix..
- To make the whipped cream frosting, pour your whipped cream powder in a bowl and 1/2 cup cold milk and mix until it is stiff..
- Once cake is done, allow to cook for 5 mins. Then use a fork and make holes all over the cake(so that the milk mixture soaked into cake) then pour over your milk mixture. Then use ur frosting and decorate the top of your cake. Serve and enjoy. Decorate with strawberries, chocolate syrup, cinnamon sugar and any other things..
Tres leches—or "three milks" in Spanish—is just a very moist cake that's enriched with two forms of concentrated milk and rich cream. The full dairy and vanilla flavors are a favorite in the southern U. Try serving this cake topped with a fresh berry or tropical. This classic Tres Leches Cake from scratch will blow your mind! I poked fresh sliced strawberries in the cake prior to whipped topping to add fruit whithin the cake.