Okonomiyaki – Onomichi-yaki. A specialty "Onomichi-yaki" is a kind of okonomiyaki uniquely developed from Hiroshima-style okonomiyaki as a base. Fluffy okonomiyaki containing ikaten and gizzard is a special menu item. Okonomiyaki (お好み焼き, o-konomi-yaki) (listen ) is a Japanese savory pancake containing a variety of ingredients in a wheat-flour-based batter; it is an example of konamon (flour-based Japanese cuisine).
Okonomiyaki (literally means 'grilled as you like it') is a savory version of Japanese pancake, made with flour, eggs, shredded cabbage, meat/ protein and topped with a variety of condiments. Like neighbouring Hiroshima, Onomichi has its own spin on okonomiyaki – Onomichi-yaki – with the key ingredient here being chicken giblets. If you prefer your meals innards-free, there are also Kansai. You can cook Okonomiyaki – Onomichi-yaki using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Okonomiyaki – Onomichi-yaki
- You need 70 ml of Plain flour.
- You need 100 ml of Water.
- You need 1 of one pinch Salt (or Japanese dashi powder).
- It’s of ・・・・・・・・.
- Prepare 1 of rice bowlful, chopped Cabbage.
- You need 1/2 of to 1 Steamed yakisoba noodles.
- It’s 1 of (as needed), shredded Fried squid (important).
- It’s 1 of ↑ Or tenkasu crumbs.
- It’s 1 of (to taste), chopped Red pickled ginger.
- You need 3 slice of Thinly sliced pork belly.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 5 of Green onions.
- Prepare 1 of Okonomiyaki sauce.
- It’s 1 of Black pepper.
- It’s 1 of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 of packet Dried bonito flakes.
- You need 1 of Aonori.
- It’s 1 of for spreading on your griddle Vegetable oil.
Historians think okonomiyaki originated in post-war Hiroshima, when food Onomichi-yaki, as the city's version is known, is prime comfort food, whether eaten at home or at a restaurant with a group. Best Okonomiyaki Recipe: Okonomiyak is easy to make! Our favorite "best" Osaka Okonomiyaki recipe (also called Kansai style Okonomiyai) is immediately below, and further down you will find even. okonomi yaki. Okkon Japanese Street Food is an Oakland based husband and wife team interested in sharing okonomi yaki, a popular street food from Japan.
Okonomiyaki – Onomichi-yaki instructions
- These are the ingredients..
- Pre-heat the griddle over high heat. Mix the flour with water. Rinse the noodles and drain well..
- Pour the batter on the griddle. It might be very runny, but try to shape into a circle. Reduce the temperature of the griddle to about 430ºF/220ºC. When the surface of the batter is cooked, sprinkle dried bonito flakes on top..
- Pile the chopped cabbage and loosened noodles onto the fried batter. Warm the fried squid on the griddle..
- Top with red pickled ginger, warmed fried squid, and sliced pork belly. Pour 3/4 a ladle of batter on top..
- Flip over and fry for 5-6 minutes. Press with a spatula lightly. Check at least once to make sure that the bottom hasn't burnt..
- Push the okonomiyaki to the side of the griddle. Crack an egg on the griddle and break the egg yolk..
- Lay the okonomiyaki on top of the fried egg and fry for 20 to 30 seconds..
- Aonori seaweed and dried bonito flakes are popular garnishes. My younger son likes chopped green onions. I like to add gizzards and cheese..
- By making slits, the sauce penetrates through the okonomiyaki. Add mayonnaise if you like. If you don't like raw green onions, add them when you add the sliced pork belly and cook..
- Ao-nori seaweed and dried bonito flakes are popular garnishes. My younger son likes chopped green onions. I like to add gizzards and cheese..
- [Note] You could add other ingredients such as sliced kamaboko, chikuwa or julienned carrots. Some restaurants nearby our house adds leftover rice..
- You can use big dried bonito flakes for making dashi stock. I prefer this to the powdered type..
Okonomiyaki on Waribashi Chipsticks as Street Stall Foods. alright, who can make this for me? Okonomiyaki – The yummiest pancake in the world with the okonomiyaki secret sauce -A. Modanyaki (Modern Yaki) is a kind of Okonomiyaki that also contains Yakisoba. It is a regular item on the menu at any Okonomiyaki restaurant in Japan. Okonomiyaki (���D�ݏĂ�) is a popular pan-fried dish that consists of batter and cabbage.