Savory Thick Pancakes. Our simple savoury pancake recipe is great with a sprinkling of strong cheddar and chunks of ham Recipe tips. Try other toppings such as spring onions, tomatoes. Pancakes are one of those meals that just make you smile before even taking the first bite.
Korean Seafood Pancake Pancake Calories Frozen Seafood Savory Pancakes Yummy Appetizers Paella Street Food Seafood Recipes Main Dishes. These deliciously filling and healthy Savory Tofu Pancakes are perfect any time of day. It should be thick but pourable, resembling pancake batter. You can have Savory Thick Pancakes using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Savory Thick Pancakes
- Prepare 1 of carrot, peeled and grated.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, peeled and grated.
- Prepare 1 bunch of celery, minced well.
- Prepare 1 of small bouillon cube (I used beef).
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of crushed black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/2 cup of self-rising flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
Add more water or flour to adjust consistency. Learn how to prepare this easy Savory Zucchini Pancakes recipe like a pro. Consistency should be that of a thick pancake batter. Prepare this easy savory pancake mix, pull a few items from the fridge and you're just minutes away from breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Savory Thick Pancakes step by step
- Whisk egg with mayonnaise. After well combined, add carrot, celery, onion, crushed bouillon cube, salt, sugar. Fold a few times..
- Add flour bit by bit and continue folding until the batter is thick and smooth..
- Heat oil in a pan. I used low heat for this. Carefully arrange tetrapak squares on the pan and pour the batter inside, about 2/3 full. (The pancakes will rise).
- Check the bottom part. When it's brownish, carefully flip the molds. After five minutes or so, cover the pan and wait until the pancakes are done. If you can remove the pancakes from the molds easily, it means they're done..
- You can also fry the pancakes without using molds. They'll still be fluffy and tasty!.
Simple to assemble, savory pancakes are a universal comfort food. Fill Russian pancakes with sweet or savory fillings and eat to your heart's content. Another favorite fried pancake of Russian cuisine, though thicker and fluffier it's typically eaten with a sweet topping. Chinese turnip pancakes are one of my favorites using Chinese turnips (daikon radish is also okay to use). One day, my father suggested that we make a savory version of Chinese turnip pancakes.