Paneer butter masala. This Paneer Butter Masala recipe is a rich and creamy dish of paneer (cottage cheese) in a tomato, butter and cashew sauce (known as Makhani gravy). The dish has a lovely tang coming from the tomatoes and is slightly sweet with a creamy and velvety feel to it. How to make Paneer Butter Masala – In this popular recipe chunks of fresh cottage cheese are cooked in a rich creamy onion tomato masala and a good dose of butter, only to be finished off with another dollop of fresh cream.
Add ginger paste and garlic paste. Stir cashews, ground red chiles, cumin, coriander, and garam masala into onion mixture. Just in case you are wondering, paneer butter masala is also known as paneer makhani. You can have Paneer butter masala using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Paneer butter masala
- You need 200 gm of Paneer cubes.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- It’s 1 inch of Ginger.
- Prepare 8 of Garlic cloves.
- It’s 4 of green chillies.
- You need 4 of Cashews soaked.
- It’s 1 tsp of Kaskas/kuskus (poppy seeds) soaked in water.
- You need 4 tsp of Cream.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- You need 2 tsp of Chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Coriander powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Kasuri methi.
- Prepare 2 tsp of freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- You need 2 tsp of Butter.
- It’s as needed of Water.
They are made in a tomato based gravy and use oodles of butter and cream which gives the gravy a smooth, creamy texture. If you are a paneer lover, here are some questions you will have. Paneer Butter Masala or Butter Paneer is a traditional Punjabi recipe in which soft pieces of Paneer are cooked in rich creamy butter & tomato gravy. Paneer is a type of fresh cheese common in Indian subcontinent, and Paneer butter masala is one of the most popular Paneer recipes in Indian cuisine.
Paneer butter masala step by step
- Take a mixer grinder and grind onion,garlic,ginger and chillies to fine paste.then grind the cashew,kuskus and tomatoes together and keep aside..
- Take a pan and add 1 tsp butter and 1 tsp oil and add cumin seeds to this add the grinded mixture once the mix is cooked.
- Add the grinded tomato,cashew and kuskus paste..
- Once it sauted add the chilli powder,coriander powder,garam masala etc to the mix.
- Then add sufficient water to the mixture and bring to boil.once it starts boiling add the paneer cubes and cook well.to this add kasuri methi and boil for 2 more min..
- Add the fresh cream and mix well and turn off the flame.to this add coriander leaves and remaining 1 tsp butter. Serve hot.
To make paneer butter masala, firstly onions, tomatoes & cashews are sauteed with spices. Then these are blended to a silky smooth puree which forms the curry base. This is further simmered with butter & spices to make the butter masala. Lastly cubed paneer is added to it along with the cream which makes it creamy & amazingly delicious. Paneer Butter Masala is one of the most popular vegetarian dish in the menu of restaurants in the Northern province.